Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinXP Home runtime error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ruthieross

ruthieross

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

WinXP home. Hope someone can help me out here. I used your info for removing the antivirus mal-ware on my dad's computer last month & I think there was something that may have been left behind that I need help in getting his Forget-Me-Not program to work again. It comes up with the "runtime error abnormal program termination" every time he tries to open it or at 8 am every morning for his reminders.
If he has to post a Hijack this I will have to wait till I can get someone over his house to do that, but it can be done. LOL He lives 200 miles from me.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use this sit for everything! And I'm not trying to butter ya up, but you all are the GREATEST!
OK, maybe a little buttering. TIA
RuthieRoss

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Have you tried reinstalling the Forget-Me-Not program.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 ruthieross

ruthieross
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Have you tried reinstalling the Forget-Me-Not program.

I was going to have him do that, but when I seached through the forum here
I read something about it may have been a virus/malware that was removed.
I did send him the info on getting rid of the AV {AntiVirus7} just a few weeks
ago, so I figured it was that.
I'll have to mail the program down to him & they can try a reinstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users