Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a copy of Safeboot Registry for XP Professional SP 3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matt2560

matt2560

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

My safeboot has been corrupted by a malware attack, now i cannot access safemode wich isnt a huge deal normaly but i need to access it because now my computer freezes after 5 minutes in normal mode...

so i am looking for a copy of the Safeboot registry exported by somewith the windows XP professional service pack 3 to try and replace my corrupted one...Thanks to anyone that can help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

FWIW: Restoring Safeboot Didier Stevens - http://blog.didierstevens.com/2006/06/26/restoring-safeboot/

Louis

#3 matt2560

matt2560
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

FWIW: Restoring Safeboot Didier Stevens - http://blog.didierstevens.com/2006/06/26/restoring-safeboot/

Louis

Ive tried his file fix and it did not match my version of xp...and my system restore keeps coming back as "cannot restore there are no changes" etc... so im unable to do it that way aswell....my best option i beleive is to get a copy from someones registry and import it into my own...thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users