Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EMERGENCY NEED HELP!!! Can't Access My Physical E: drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Belle

Southern Belle

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

heyal,

i have a huge, major, extreme problem! :thumbsup:

i have 2 500gb hard drives installed on a windows xp system

i knew that one of my drives were messing up, paragon backup couldn't backup due to bad sector error. well this weekend my system crashed and windows was crashed, there was a blue screen but when it appeared it automatically rebooted only to go thru the same process over again. i ended up installing a new copy of windows on the main partition of the 1st drive [is in 2 partitions] and finally got windows up and running. the problem is since this happened i can't access my E: drive which has all my programs and data on it, it gives me an error 1st error was E: is not accessible, error performing inpage operation, the 2nd error and current error is the parameter is incorrect.

the drives are now seen in bios and windows but can't figure out how to access the E: drive. it has everything on it and need it badly to be recovered.

i have been using a ton of different hard drive utilities for bad sector/repair, diagnostics, and recovery software but since i can't access it is not seeing any data.

i seriously need some help and would appreciate any and all anyone can offer, all my school work is on there and i have a final due this sunday. :flowers:

thank you so much in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

have you tried Recuva--> http://www.piriform.com/recuva ?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Southern Belle

Southern Belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

have you tried Recuva--> http://www.piriform.com/recuva ?

hi,

no i haven't but i have other recovery software but the problem is i can't access the drive at all. i am trying a method recommended by others by putting the drive into the freezer, lol maybe i'll get a chance this way!

thanks for your response! :thumbsup:

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

That method is true and false it depends on what is the problem with it, most of the time it creates more problems by creating condensation on the inside of the drive and causing it to either short circuit or corrode internal components the best thing to do is if the data is extremely important then I would just take it to a data recovery center. Although I do have some other methods but it involves a floppy and a windows dos file as there is some very good software for it but it is extremely hard to use and the name if it escapes me but it is out there.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users