Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need ubunto antivirus boot cd to clean Windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimdays

jimdays

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

There is a website:
http://virushelp.forumotion.com/security-s...-boot-cd-t5.htm
that has a ubunto cd with avast and malwarebytes that can be used to boot up a computer in linux and then get rid of the viruses in Windows. This cd could be used to get rid of viruses, when the computer won't boot properly into Windows.
I really want this cd, the problem is the creator won't answer my questions.
1) I can't seem to download his iso because I am in China. I was wondering if someone could download it, then upload to Rapidshare ( in 4 split rars).
The iso that I downloaded won't work, maybe because I have a corrupted download. The download that I have is:
ubuntuantivirus_nonetwork.iso - ISO9660 archive, unpacked size 723,892,534 bytes
Could someone please download this and see if you have the same number of bytes that I have?
If the download is not corrupt, maybe I got a bad burn.
When I try to run avast (after ubunto desktop appears), I have a very difficult time getting avast to run. I tried about 10 times ( I waited over 10 minutes after trying to start avast), and got avast to run 1 time, and then it froze. I was never able to get malwarebytes to run at all.
2) I do not have enough ability to "build" such a cd. I have enough difficult time just trying to get one that somebody else built, to work properly.
3) If anyone can help me, you would also be helping a lot of other people. Just look at bleeping computer and see how many people have virus problems. What the average computer user needs is a simple way to get rid of viruses when Windows is really messed up ( and can't be booted properly into Windows). So I want to insert a cd, have the computer boot into linux, then have a good antivirus (like avast) do its job, then finish with something like malwarebytes. I want all of this to happen when I am not in Windows.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users