Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop microphone not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kbard

kbard

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:13 AM

Hi All
My DELL laptop crashed and I had to rebuild it
but the microphone does not seem to be working when doing yahoo voice chat
what driver are missing its Dell inspiron 1525 series

Kedar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

Dell computers come with CD's that have driver installation on them, you seem to be missing your sound card driver.

there are a few things you can check:

1. settings in Yahoo. I installed a voice changer and it created a sound driver that doesn't read from my sound card so my mic stopped working in skype until I changed input device to my soundcard. I don't know if Yahoo has the same functionality but you might want to check the input device in yahoo settings to make sure it's your sound card.

2. Go to Start->Right-click on My Computer (Computer in Vista or above)->Manage->Device Manager->Something having to do with audio (not sure the exact wording here, school computers have device manager blocked) If you are missing a necessary audio driver there will be some sort of driver with a '!' on the icon (The word that comes to mind here is Multimedia, though not sure). If you have a 3rd-party sound card, make sure the driver related to your sound card is in the menu there.

3. Check that your microphone actually works. Plug it into another computer and try it, if it doesn't work, there's your problem.

There might be more you can check that I can't think of off the top of my head, you might want to do some looking around for it.

EDIT: Wait. Laptops. Right. You probably don't have a 3rd party sound card, so the device manager will almost cerntainly have a driver with a yellow exclamation mark on the icon.

Edited by sausage, 03 May 2010 - 11:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users