Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

whats wrong with my comp?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mastertang

mastertang

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

One day while surfing the net, my internet got disconected. I checked the drivers/cables/plugs etc to discover everytrhing was plugged in properly. I put in my pci networking card to see if it would work but i had no luck. I decided it was time to reinstall windowsxp so i did that, installed all the drivers but still had the same problem. after unsuccessfully doing this 2 moire times, i decided to backup my files and reformat my hard drive. after the reformat I tried to install windows only to have no luck, because my disks werent reading. So I was lent a new windows disk, when I went to install, I formatted the drive, than watched the blue screen as windows copied its files to the drive. I waited as the computer did the reboot. instead of the computer booting into the windows gui install setup, the setup started again!!!! I checked my rem, it was installed fine, my hard drive was installed fine, my cpu was in good condition, everything else is connected properly. my mobo hasnt gone thru and torture recently. I just dont know what the problem is. Is it the mobo? is the ram broken? I really want to use my comp again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

When your computer gets done installing the files and reboots, it should give you the option "press any key to boot from CD" (or the letter of your cd drive) DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING. If you let it continue with out pressing a key it will act like it was booting up normally, it will start off where it was before the restart. If it doesnt give you this option, just let it boot without the CD in the drive, then put it in when its asked for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users