Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inadequate audio output from USB port.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TQUAD

TQUAD

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

USB audio output needs help,
When it comes to most sound equipment interface I usually don't have any problems. It was my job for 25 years. When it comes to computer audio I could use some help. When connecting my pc to professional equipment requiring a +4dbm output it is always too low in output from the USB port. Any connection from the sound card outputs always has too much hum from the lousy internal shielding on card connections and the usual rca or mini plugs.The USB bypasses these poor quality connections. I am unable to insert a gain amplifier between the computer and the audio equipment at this time. Is there any way to boost the gain a little from the USB output? I have read it can be done in the registry but do not know what values to change. I only need a small gain increase. I am using Windows XP Pro and a Berhinger UCA 202 USB port adapter into a McIntosh C-39 preamplifier. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
TQUAD

Edited by Pandy, 03 May 2010 - 06:21 AM.
Moved from Windows XP to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users