Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Desperately need help with my vid card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reversible

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

Hello bleeping computer.
A few days ago, while playing Counter Strike, I noticed the screen looked funny.
The objects were discolored and oddly textured. I didnt get to inspect the new look long , because a few seconds later my screen went completely black. It stayed this way untill I got frustrated with pressing control alt delete and I force reset it.
After this, I could no longer sign onto windows. In place of the login screen there was that damn black screen into the blue screen of death everytime. So i went into safe mode, and reformatted.

AFter the reformat, I installed the motherboard driver I found from the chaintech site (cuz i have a chaintech mother board) and when i tried to install my video card driver, lo and beold the same black screen into the blue screen of death. I just dont get it... I mean, i know the video card works to some degree since I can see the screen I'm typing on and everything is in color. The only noticable difference would be that I can no longer scroll down pages smoothly. Only in a crappy choppy skipping fashion. And no longer can I play my sweet Final Fantasy 11 T-T.

Please, if any of you out there also play an mmorpg, you know how it feels to be deprvied of it for even a few days~ Help me! Do I need a new video card? I hope not~ Is this a common problem with a common solution or something more?

Btw I have a Geforce 6600 GT 128 Mb if that helps~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:21 PM

Can we assume you also installed the latest video card drivers?
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users