Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Funny Computer Moments

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

I know we all have them. You were fixing that computer when the whole time is was something simple? Or if your were running a program and you say something that was just right out plain funny. Post it here. :thumbsup:

Today I found this while installing something for my mom onto my computer:
Posted Image

And shockingly the "unsetup.exe" actually does uninstall the program. Who would have thought?

Edited by yanowhiz, 27 September 2005 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:33 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers:

...ok...now dont laugh....cos i know you will..you may titter if you wish..

Was in Msn chat with girlie..she invited me to Audio chat...i could hear her thru the speakers on my puter...so....I leant down...and...

:trumpet: ...you guessed it....Spoke into the speakers on the front of the screen....!

I didnt know you had to have a microphone...have one now tho..on headphones...still...was funny.... :inlove: :cool: :)
Posted Image
Of all the things Ive lost...I miss my mind the most!

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:57 AM

:thumbsup: Dolly, I'm afraid i'm guilty of that one too!!! :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by deerslayer, 28 September 2005 - 09:03 AM.

When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

#4 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:13 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Hey..deerslayer...glad there is a fellow nutter!!

:trumpet: :inlove:
Posted Image

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

There was this one guy, haven't seen him for a couple of years, who wanted to transfer data from one harddrive to another. He asked for help when he had managed to screw up his harddrive totally. He had tried to transfer the data using a magnet. :thumbsup:

He figured that if by dragging a magnet over a harddrive all the ones and zeros would turn into zeros. So if he then flipped the magnet upside down and dragging it over the new harddrive all the zeros would turn into ones and zeros and he'd get all his data to the new harddrive.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

Now that one sounds like an urban legend. Unless you disassemble the drive to get direct access to the disk(s) or have an **EXTREEEEMELY** powerful magnet, you are not going to do any damage to a HDD.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#7 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

One time, IE would reload whenever I tried to type anything, so I had my neighbor come take a look. He checked things (Spyware, bad settings, etc.), couldn't find anything, and thought I might hare to reload the OS. Then he looked at my keyboard and saw the refresh button was stuck...Problem solved.

This isn't a computer story, but along the lines of talking into speakers, one time in school, someone brought in an Edison phonograph and cylinder. The phonograph didn't work, but I wanted to hear the music, so like one might logically do, I held the cylinder up to my ear... The class got quite a laugh out of that. I still find myself doing that with CDs occasionaly...

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:56 PM

Now that one sounds like an urban legend. Unless you disassemble the drive to get direct access to the disk(s) or have an **EXTREEEEMELY** powerful magnet, you are not going to do any damage to a HDD.

Yes that is true. My hardware teacher was telling me that you'd need a big *ss car magnet to wipe a hard drive.

#9 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:13 AM

Unless you disassemble the drive to get direct access to the disk(s) or have an **EXTREEEEMELY** powerful magnet, you are not going to do any damage to a HDD.

Which I found out then and there. As far as I could ever tell the new harddrive wasn't affected at all, but on the old one he had managed amongst other things to scramble his bootsector.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#10 chevyusa1

chevyusa1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:49 AM

This makes me laugh evertime I do it....and I do it often. :thumbsup:

I play first person shooter games like Doom3, there are times that I want to see around a corner of a wall and I find myself leaning forward toward the screen in an effort to "peek" around the corner! :flowers: :trumpet:

#11 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:07 AM

:thumbsup:

I play first person shooter games like Doom3, there are times that I want to see around a corner of a wall and I find myself leaning forward toward the screen in an effort to "peek" around the corner!

Ok this isnt strictly puter stuff but my man when playing on the playstation, holds the controls and then if figures are jumping or moving left and right...moves the controls up and down and left and right.....!! Man thing then........... :flowers: :trumpet:
Posted Image

#12 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

I was watching my kids play PS2.. Jak and Daxter.. EGADS I can't watch it anymore nevermind playing it! I get so motion sick from it. I used to play Nintendo 64 all the time. I beat Mario64. but I can't even play that now. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •