Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grey box?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:55 PM

Am I the only one who gets these strange gray boxes on the bleeping computer webpage?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

I have not seen them. Let me log out and have a look.
BRB

I will edit this post in a bit.

Edit: I did not see any gray box. I even went to the excact thread you took a screenshot from.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23981/network-admin-automatic-updates/

Of course I was just a "guest" viewing. Now whether that means anything, I do not know.
The ads show in between the posts.

This is maybe something that Grinler will have to answer.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Edited by Scarlett, 27 September 2005 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

They appear randomly all over the bleeping computer site but nowhere else and right-clicking so that the context-menu pops up on top of them makes the disappear.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

I remember reading about someone else having this problem I forget, where the topic is. If I find it I'll post it back here.

EDIT: Can't find it. Keep getting too broard results. If anyone remembers this topic or knows where it is. Please post it here.

Edited by yanowhiz, 27 September 2005 - 06:36 PM.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:41 PM

Try a reinstall or a fresh download of your Firefox Browser.

I have seen this on a couple of occasions and not just at BC, but only with
the Firefox and not using IE.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

I get this sort of thing happening pretty regular.

Because of all the anti spy/virus/adware and stuff convinced it not a problem with an infection (also run loads of other checkers).

In my case i believe it because ive got a rubbish old system.

Win98se
440Mb ram
Onboard graphics ----not sure how much memory it uses but it cant be more that 1 Mb

Edit:

It only happens when I use forefox, and i am using the latest version. And not just here at BC.

Edited by bilko, 27 September 2005 - 07:25 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

I've had it happen on two different computers on several different versions of firefox, but only here on BC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users