Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Configuration Database

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anurag Ravindran

Anurag Ravindran

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

hell0 expert geeks ,i am running windows 7 professional ,i always prefer clean install if any problem comes but now when i think of it it's ridiculous it's actually better to create a system image so that i can restore it if something goes wrong ..but while using windows system image backup it's including non system partition as system partition aslo(.i.e my os is installed on c partition but image backup is also selecting e partition ) i used norton ghost , there is an option to select only particular drive but the restore process wont be perfect . so i would like to know how to shift boot configuration database from one partition to another so please help me ....thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

:huh: to Bleeping Computer.

So, if I understand correctly, you only want Windows to make an image of your C: partition and NOT your E: partition. Correct?

Well, unfortunately, Windows 7 does not let you pick the partitions that it makes a system image of. You can pick parts of any drive to back up as data, but it does the partition images automatically. It's not something you can customize.

You'll have to use a third-party program (like Ghost) if you want that level of customization. Sorry.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Anurag Ravindran

Anurag Ravindran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

i finally found the problem and this syntax fixed all the issus bcdboot c:\windows /s c: anyways thnx for the reply

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

Okay, thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem, and you're welcome. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users