Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alpha Protocol DRM Details Released

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

For those of you not keeping track of this new RPG from Obsidian Entertainment (Known for Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2), here's the basic premise. You play as a super-secret agent sent to stop missiles from ending up with terrorists. Think of it as Mass Effect set in present day with spies. This game will be available for the PS3, PC, and 360 on June 1st. Since it is on the PC, there is, naturally, discussion about the DRM and Sega, the game's distributor, has released details about the DRM. In a nutshell, it requires an internet connection to activate, though Sega provides alternate methods if needed, you only need to activate once, you get five activations, no continuous internet connection is required to play, uninstalling the game reclaims activations, and there will be a patch released within two years to remove the DRM just in case the servers are taken down. Personally, I think this is fair and Ubisoft should have done something like this. Thoughts?

About the Game: Videos of Alpha Protocol at GameTrailers

About the DRM: Sega of America - Alpha Protocol DRM Details

3939.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ExitiumMachina

ExitiumMachina

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:55 AM

Ubisoft is going to get shafted by the consumers. Both Assassins Creed 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction haven't even reached near sales of their previous counter-parts. Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is only a matter of time before Ubisoft drops PC entirely from their market...we're a dying breed these days.

#3 chillywilly73

chillywilly73

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

has anyone figured out how to play Assassins Creed 2 (due to ubisoft's DRM internet connection required to play problem)?

i have been researching everything from forums,and port opening(im dynamic and my provider says they don't use proxy's).

i cannot believe i wasted 27 bucks on this game.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Have you tried talking with Ubisoft support? Did you try plugging your internet connection into your PC directly from your cable/DSL modem to reduce the chances of firewall problems?

3939.png

#5 Rorshack

Rorshack

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

has anyone figured out how to play Assassins Creed 2 (due to ubisoft's DRM internet connection required to play problem)?

i have been researching everything from forums,and port opening(im dynamic and my provider says they don't use proxy's).

i cannot believe i wasted 27 bucks on this game.

If you mean play Assassins Creed 2 offline then yes, It was cracked a few months back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

...of course, linking to the actual crack on Bleeping Computer is a good way to get a post locked.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users