Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Real-Time Scan does not remain enabled. Quick Scan and Full Scan will not run.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 neviditelny

neviditelny

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Greetings,

My McAfee Real-Time Scan will not remain enabled. When I try to run either Quick Scan or Full Scan, an error message comes up, telling me to return to the McAfee Internet Security Home and to try to run the scan again.

I have followed their instructions for re-enabling the Real-Time Scan to the best of my abilities, by trying to restart the McShield Service, and by running the oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility that they instructed me to download. The oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility will not run.

I have contacted McAfee and they have told me that it is a problem with Windows Update. I have contacted Microsoft and told them that as well, but they seem to be trying to rule out any other possible cause, than what McAfee says is the actual cause of the problem, thereby dragging this out even longer.

Microsoft is supposed to be getting back to me again tomorrow, but any other help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users