Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't rightclick on some of my icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carrion

Carrion

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:58 PM

On some icons, when I right click on them the "explorer.exe has encountered an error" window shows up. You know this one with 2 buttons. "Send report" "do not send" When I click on "show details" this shows up:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00022a02

I've discovered 2 special file types that I cant right click on: .wav and .xml
This is really annoying so I would really appreciate all help I can get.

Thanks in advance, Robin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:23 PM

Have you tried clicking the send report icon? ..it will lead you to a website where the fix may already be available.

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

#3 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

Did you had any virus recently? Perhaps Anti-Virus software removed an infected file that was connected to your problem.
Did you made any changes to your computer (i.e. installed any software, uninstalled something..) before that problem occured?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users