Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 altair05

altair05

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

I had my computer in hibernate mode, the way I usually keep my computer. I do shut down my computer occasionally to clear my RAM.

Today, i turned my computer on and while loading windows, my computer shut down. I turned my computer on again and the window says that windows vista was not shut down properly or was shutdown to protect data.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Ehh....it's Vista. It was probably just a fluke. I'm assuming you can boot normally now?

If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Could you please post your system specs while you're at it?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Mine crashed after updating windows with the latest KB980248. So I did a system restore to before the update and do not allow the update. It fixed mine fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users