Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 & Realtec 8185 Wifi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trumph

trumph

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

My Server used to run XP, and XP kinda messed up when the power went out, so as I'd just purchased a copy of W7 I sort of, well imagine me with W7 DVD in one hand and XP CD in the other doing a up and down scales thing.

W7 won.

Now this Wifi card has ALWAYS been a bit quirky, losing IP connex, not wanting to let the internal network PC's to share and so on (on XP), but after a month or so of W7 it got worse, dropping the IP connex, SLOW connex and generally being belligerent. so I did the W7 driver update thing and it said I had the best driver for the card.

I decided to go to realtek.com and look to see what was there, the little hardware picker annoyed me, so I did a search on 8185 and found a download software link (Very bottom of the waffle page).

Look at the drivers bit and downloaded this UI Package and Driver (Support XP/Vista/Win7) 1122 2010/1/25 14684k it gave me this zip RTL8185_Auto_Install__Pargram__1.00.0145.zip

Which made the card work properly, fast connection, no dropouts and all clients can now connect to their server. A massive torrent of old books that I've been trying to download for 2 months at the occasional 1kb/s is wizzing along at 75kb/s (I have a slow connex)

The pargram mis-type is not mine, I c&p'd it from Explorer

Hope it helps

Gary

Edited by Pandy, 17 May 2010 - 09:41 AM.
Moved from Tips & Tricks to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users