Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook Web Access

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 acornman37

acornman37

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hi every,

I'm trying to embed an image into the body of an email sent with Outlook Web Access. I know this is possible because I receive emails every week with images embedded. Or is it because they send the email through regular Outlook rather than Web Access?

Again, I'm using Outlook Web Access, not the regular one.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acornman37

acornman37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

anyone?

#3 acornman37

acornman37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

:thumbsup:

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I apologize you have not received a reply for this topic. It is probably because nobody that has read it knows how to do what you want to do. I certainly don't...never used Outlook a day in my life.

But, a simple Google search netted this: http://www.wimesh.net/wimesh/knowledge-bas...look-web-access

Also...
http://blog.roachy.net/2009/03/20/how-to-a...ook-web-access/

Outlook web access does not allow the inclusion of images by default. However it is possible to embed the image within the signature.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 acornman37

acornman37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

The signature image in the link doesn't work for me as there is no drop down menu where I can select HTML.

I receive emails every week with embedded images in the body, and it shows up as an attachment with the little paper clip to the left of the subject. Maybe they send it from a different email program.

Ah well, looks like a lost cause. Thanks for your reply though!

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Ah well, looks like a lost cause.

Yes, from what I've seen, it looks that way. Sorry.

Thanks for your reply though!

Well, I can't say I did much...but yeah, no worries. :flowers:

It's probably one of those special features only available in the program (not the web version). Like I said, I don't really know, as I've never used Outlook...so I can only speculate. But I felt bad seeing you self-reply looking for answers, and not getting any. So, I felt compelled to say something.

You could try Thunderbird. I've used it a little, but still use web-based email primarily. Not sure about all the bells and whistles of it...but you can try it and see if you like it. :trumpet:

Cheers! :thumbsup:

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

Several replies I was able to find, for why this is not possible is as follows: "In OWA you cannot include a picture because it won't allow you to insert pure MIME code which is nessesary. " This is by design for security reasons, and cannot be changed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Fascinating....

Learn something new everyday! Thanks, Animal! :thumbsup:

#9 urban123

urban123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access allow to add MIME using Internet Explorer as browser. Other Browser does not support it.
Logon to your mail account using Internet Explorer. Go to Options, click EMail Security and enable S/MIME Control. Once done, Pictures can added. Detail available on following link.

http://techthinking.net/2011/01/how-to-add-or-insert-pictures-in-outlook-web-access/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users