Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soryo

soryo

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi! I was wondering, is it possible that malwarebytes could somehow be blocking my instant messenger(Msn)?
I can't get messenger to sign me in anymore, nor can I install any other messengers (Such as yahoo).
Whenever I sign onto the computer every day, I see some kind of window quickly flash, before going into the bottom bar where malwarebytes is, like the program said something. O-o
Is that normal?
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi! I was wondering, is it possible that malwarebytes could somehow be blocking my instant messenger(Msn)?

It's possible.

The fastest way to find out is to disable MBAM's active protection long enough to see if it was the cause or not. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 soryo

soryo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

It's possible.

The fastest way to find out is to disable MBAM's active protection long enough to see if it was the cause or not. :thumbsup:

How do I disable it? ^^;
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

IP Protection Module

How do I disable this?
We wouldn't recommend disabling it, but if you must, you can do this by right clicking the MBAM tray icon, and unchecking "IP Protection".

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users