Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless connecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jefrey

jefrey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

I just purchased a second laptop but I can't wirelessly connect to the internet. It is asking for a "network security key" or passphrase.My new laptop runs windows 7. My first laptop runs vista. What is this and how do I get it ? My first laptop connects ok. Please help.

Edited by jefrey, 30 April 2010 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

It is asking for the wireless security pass phrase that is in your router. You can go into the router's interface and look, do it on the laptop that connects. most times there is a check box to display the pass phrase.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users