Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcdonald toys?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BucketHead131

BucketHead131

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/28/2710749/h...-for-santa.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

pffffft thats dumb. reality of it is its the parents fault, time for parents to start being PARENTS and actually start feeding kids whats good for them, not what they want whenever they want it. Just another blame game, people saying oh its not my fault its theres. Well, parents, instead of taking the blame for letting their kids sit on the couch watching tv all day eating junk food would rather blame mcdonalds then take responsibility.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yeah I'm a kid and I'm on here most of the time but am outside as much as possible when I'm not. But yeah i agree it is the parents responsibility to get the children some thing nutritious.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Kids should have parents not governments to control what they eat.

#5 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

a toy does not promote obesity.
here is a funny thing.
i took my 2 year old to Perkins for breakfast.
the portion was so large that he couldn't even eat a 1/4 of it.
you know what they gave away with their kids meal?
A HUGE COOKIE.

now that i can see promoting obesity....LOL
i mean you can't even finish the meal and to top it off we want to force a huge cookie down your throat too.

i think as a parent i would prefer the toy.
i mean most happy meals give you the option of fresh fruit and milk along with the main dish.
they aren't as bad as they used to be.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

That, and I dont know about you, but when I go to a fast food joint like McDonalds, 75% of kids there have to be forced to sit down to eat their food, otherwise theyd be off playing in the ball pit all day. I mean serious, at least mcds and burger king provide playgrounds where the kids can excersise and work it off (that is if you can get the kids to eat) like you said, perkins gives you a cookie, and no way to excercise!

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

While I completely jive with 'government shouldn't be involved in this', I think something has to be done about McDonald's marketing to kids. McDonald's definitely is waaaay too unhealthy. First of all, most of their burgers have some form of trans fat (synthetic fat that just clogs your arteries for fun). Second, what is up with all of those calories? I couldn't get 150 calories into a bun if I tried, but it seems pretty standard for McD's. They seriously must have a calorie press to mash calories into their food. And their processed cheese and beef is really nasty (and really fake!) if you take apart their burgers.
My underlying point is that their food is absolutely terrible for you, and yes, McD's is bribing kids with toys.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 15 May 2010 - 08:55 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users