Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs you have?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 BucketHead131

BucketHead131

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hello I was wondering what kind of programs you have on your computer to prevent or get rid of as a firewall, antivirus, spyware ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Avast! is all I use.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

Avast and Spyware Terminator with it's included AV disabled.

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

don't forget AVG free antivirus and the ever saving Malwarebytes

#5 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Avira free av,online armor free fw,MBAM free

I love free stuff

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Dont we all love free software. :flowers: Also I am kinda against AVG right now it is starting to get a little cpu intensive the last time i used it. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Avira 9, AVG LinkScanner Toolbar for firefox, Spybot SD, and Windows Firewall.

computerxpds all anti viruses are getting heavier by the release but what AVG did is combine the AV and Spyware tools, from a business stand point it's more profitable to make one program to do 2 similar things and then it is to build 2 separate programs. The Free AVG has realtime Spyware protection disabled is the only real difference between the 2 versions. So far I believe AVG is the only AV with both out there and it uses about as much system resources as using 2 programs.

Posted Image

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

I Didn't know that thank you BlackSpyder. :thumbsup: I will remember that for the future. :flowers: I still like my Avast! though.
sigcomp.png 

#9 alex.c

alex.c

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Norton.

"all anti viruses are getting heavier"

Not true.

"AVG is the only AV with both out there"

Many do.

#10 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

AVG 9, Makwarebytes AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware.
Occasionally I use Spybot Search and Destroy but not very often anymore.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#11 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

avast free and good old mbam

#12 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Norton.

Not true.

Many do.

Norton is awful on CPU usage not to mention it is not very good. I will stick with my avast! thank you :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 

#13 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

I run 3 at any given point, all set to only run manually, and I take turns running them. The first is either AVG or Avast (they tend to conflict with each other even when set to manual least according to some research ive done never actually tried it) Comodo (for the firewall mostly, the antivirus is kinda a joke, but the firewall can't be beat) and malwarebytes. Least on my windows computers.

Let me list the LOOOOOOOOOOONG list of anti-malware programs I have on my linux box:
None. Didn't I tell you it was a long list?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#14 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Let me list the LOOOOOOOOOOONG list of anti-malware programs I have on my linux box:
None. Didn't I tell you it was a long list?

ahhaha :thumbsup: I love linux just for that reason. :flowers:
sigcomp.png 

#15 alex.c

alex.c

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

Norton.

Not true.

Many do.

Norton is awful on CPU usage not to mention it is not very good. I will stick with my avast! thank you :thumbsup:

Hmm. Norton is using on average 0 CPU here. (Except for updating, on-demand scan, etc. of course) It is also one of the best at prevention.

You are thinking of the Norton of old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users