Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Nintendo DS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Odession

Odession

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:14 AM

I was looking at the Nintendo DS and the games available in my local stores recently - it hit me that most of the games were VERY basic, they were all standard puzzle/racing games, nothing exciting bar the gimmick of the touch screen to control it. I didnt see Advance Wars for it, else gimmick or not I'd have walked out with the DS ;)

Now, I like little gimmicks as much as anyone else but the quality of the games I was looking at was abysmal. Most were simple puzzle-style games or bust-a-move like games. I don't buy into 3d shooters on a handheld - it's just not usually much good.

I was also informed that the Nintendo DS didn't handle racing games (like NFSU2) very well, anyone have first hand experiance?

In the end, I decided against it, walked out with an armful of lower-tier yet very intresting PC games (Neuro Hunter, Yu-Gi-Oh online, Republic: The Revolution)

By the way, I'm a huge fan of card combat based games like Yu-Gi-Oh so online version is a godsend for me, sad but true :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

ive heard thst alot of people wish that they waited for the psp ive heard that the games for the ds are abit low in quality but it is a handheld.

you said theres no fps's on the ds isnt metroid on the ds or is it just a touch screen thing again like everyother ds game.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:41 PM

theres that port of Mario 64?

I've sampled a DS for a minute or two but that was about it, I've never seen a psp though. I think for stuff to do, the PSP might have more, but I'd rather own a lap top for on the go gaming lol. I'd still prefer getting a ps3 or computer upgrades though to a psp.

#4 Brandon Smith

Brandon Smith

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

argh... both PSP AND the DS are wastes of money, wait for consoles! Or wait for prices to drop.
Though yeah, I've seen the DS's new Advance Wars game, and it is pretty good actually... and metroid looks like it could be pretty good...

#5 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:18 PM

brandons right wait for the consoles to be relaesed it aint that long now or wit for a lower price the prices around now are just stupid
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users