Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smatiwone

smatiwone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:35 AM

Who knows any best spyware protection there is???????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:45 AM

There is no one single "best" spyware program. There are plenty of good anti-spyware programs out there, and the best approach it a combination of several with a anti-virus and the base. I personally run 4 anti-spyware programs and a anti-virus. All of the ones I use are freeware. But the programs are just part of it. You also need to exerise caution when visiting sites, downloading and opening email. I don't think this is what you want to hear, but at least from me I can't see just one fitting the bill. They all work in different ways so they each look for something alittle different. Are you looking or just wanting advice to add to what you have?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:04 AM

One of the reasons multiple spyware applications are needed and recommended is that each company defines what consitututes spyware, their definitions varying from one to another depending on their criteria. Given also that spyware contains diverse types, such as tracking cookies, adware and spyware per se, the problem of definitions becomes even more complex especially when these become blended with viruses and trojans.
Acklan's advice is one to follow.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users