Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Malware Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darkprince2

darkprince2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

I've tried just about everything that I can try to get this nasty beast out of my system and it absolutely refuses to leave. I've scanned with Beijing Rising Antivirus, Malwarebytes, AdAware (latest version), and Spybot SD, and all of them said my system was clean, yet every time I go online, within a few minutes I'm directed to a site I've never even heard of. I have a scan log from HijackThis and in the scan there is a very suspicious file which is a toolbar with no file and no name, but I don't want to mess with it until I know for sure as it could just be a hidden Windows file that refuses to name itself. I've tried to add the log file, but then it tells me Internet Explorer can't display the webpage so should I just add it through the 'Browse' option?

Edited by Pandy, 30 April 2010 - 09:44 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Download this file and save it to your desktop:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

Double-click the file to run it. A command window will open briefly. Then run a quick scan with Malwarebytes. Post the Malwarebytes log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users