Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Helper for running Combo Fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PTwake04

PTwake04

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

I need to get rid of some malware on my computer, I have tried Trojan remover and it's not working.

The malware gives me a warning saying application can not be executed. and it is also imitating windows security alert.

I read through the combofix tutorial and it says not to use w/o a helper. Can anyone out there help me out? This trojan is pissing me off!!

Edited by Pandy, 30 April 2010 - 09:38 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PTwake04

PTwake04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

I need help! I am trying to get a DDS scan and nothing will work. I downloaded the DDS program and when I saved it to my desktop I then try to open it.

When I double click it I get a security warning saying "Application cannot be executed. The file dds.scr is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?"

This trojan is also posing as a fake antivirus software alert. Fake windows security alerts keep popping up.

I have tried running Trojan remover and it did not find anything. And after I reboot my computer it will not let me even run .exe files.

Can anyone help on this? I am trying to take the right steps and post a DDS log but the trojan is blocking the program from opening.

#3 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hello,
I see you have 3 separate threads for the same problem. Please STOP creating any new threads.
The forum is extremely busy and so are the helpers.Make sure you follow all directions outlined as perliminaries here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Do as much of them as you can.

The message you are getting

"Application cannot be executed. the file dds.scr is infected. Do you want to activate you antivirus software now?"

is from the malware rogue.
Try this to at least get the message box closed. Press and hold ALT key and then press the F4 key on your keyboard.

BTW, do NOT run Combofix on your own. That tool is not to be used lightly and certainly not without guided expert help.

P.S. ALWAYS state your Windows version/edition when starting a thread topic !!!

Edited by Maurice Naggar, 30 April 2010 - 12:20 PM.

~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users