Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Identification problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fat2000

Fat2000

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a proprietary Motherboard with the following configuration; :inlove:

Socket 370
2 slots for DIMMS (possible 1 gig max)
VIA chipset
Built in sound and Video
3 PCI slots
1 AGP slot
2 IDE plugs
1 Floppy plug
2 USB plugs

ATX form factor board. I need help identifying this board in order to install it into a case that will serve as a basic linux box for some experimentation. My problem is that I don't remember what proprietary computer I got it from. I have fixed many computers in the past and even upgraded a few computers for friends and family so I ended up with a few extra still in working order parts. This board is a nice board for an old computer, it kind of looks like something out of a Dell or HP computer but I cannot identify it. I just need to figure out what I need to provide in order to get the help or at least a spec sheet so that I can know how to plug in the power and basic connections so that I don't fry the board when I turn it on. I know that it works because I have all the working parts segregated in a cabinet of my garage where I work on these computers. In fact I am logged in on my shop computer and would like to replace this one which is an old P3 with 400 mhz using windows 98 and ubuntu 5.10 :trumpet: . So you see, I'd rather build an old one then spend the money on a new one. However if I cannot use this board I will have to wait til I upgrade another computer and use that old board. Well, that's enough of my rambling but I could really use some help here in this regards. If you need more information, please feel free to let me know. :thumbsup: Thank you all in advance for all your help.

I believe this is the serial number of the board;

S630QRJ0148B8

It also has these following numbers;

D9840-60001
KVA0938471 Verona

Thank you again. :flowers:
Frank

"I wear my TUX to LAN parties!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

Made for HP by FIC. Used in HP Brio BA410 systems. I cannot find a pinout diagram, and it seems to have used a proprietary front panel switch connector. If you still have the case, trace the wires from the PWR/RESET switch/LEDS and make your own map.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/s...44/lpv06944.pdf was the most relevent I could find, but still no help really.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Fat2000

Fat2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

Now that helps a whole lot. However, I no longer have the case but I do have something that comes close to it. The main thing is that I wanted to also make sure I used the right PSU on it and this gives me a good idea of what I can use. Thank you so much for your help and I will keep you posted on this.

"I wear my TUX to LAN parties!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users