Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Issues & Device Manager Issues in Vista SP1

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 forgivenphoenix

forgivenphoenix

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305, running Vista SP1, that locks up and freezes at random time intervals from the time the computer connects to the internet.

I have run multiple virus scans using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, in both Normal and Safe modes that have determined that the system is indeed clean of malware.

I believe the Network Adapters are the cause for the system freezing based on information found after running ipconfig /all. There are multiple Adapters that, based on internet searches, have something to do with the iP6 protocol.

Also, it is worth noting that there is an issue with the Device Manager. The Device Manager will not allow me to view Properties on any of the installed devices.
Subsequently, I can't uninstall the network devices for Windows to re-install to 'reset' the network settings.

* sigh*

Any help anyone would have would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users