Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not powering up...think it's MOBo????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 triple_j

triple_j

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. When I plug it in, I get a quick LED where it indicates that the plug has been inserted. After that, I get nothing. I believe it may be the Mother Board, but I don't want to spend $244.00 to find out. Is there an easier way to troubleshoot this problem? I believe the Laptop specs are as follows (Laptop was given to me): Win XP Home edit. 1.9Ghz AMD processor 2GB RAM 160GB HD. The model number is P205D-S7802. Any help would be appreciated. John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

When you attempt to turn it on what happens?

Does this LED only appear for a moment and then cut off?

Do you know what happened to caused this? Was it dropped?

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 30 April 2010 - 07:47 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 laptoptec

laptoptec

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:51 AM

You might want to take out your battery and see if you computer will startup without it. Also it very possible that your power supply could be bad.
You can use a multimeter to test the power supply to see if it is within 5% tolerance, and change out the cord just to be sure

Replacing a power supply is much cheaper that the mother board

I found a power supply
At the website of impactcomputers.com/k000046290.html

And I found one on

ebay.com/Notebook-AC-Adapter-Toshiba-Satellite-P205D-S7479-/270574630558

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users