Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Impossible Z's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sonnyboa

sonnyboa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

I have a folder in my external terabyte that appeared some time ago. I can not delete it with any software. I tried to delete with DOS and it says all the same. The problem is that it will not let me downgrade it to a write-able format. It seems to be locked in READ ONLY status. I have attempted to take ownership of the drive and the files, but I can not get rid of it. When I first noticed it, it was random letters. When I tried to delete the file it turned into many many "Z's". When I ran the DOS delete protocol it changed into 6 "Z's"; with in that folder is a empty folder called "Update". Since then I have not been able to do anything about it. I don't know what to do. I even downloaded a program called Delete on Boot, and still no success. I have been coming here for about a year when I caught the Rogue Internet Security 2010. It was since then, 12/30/09 the day that i reformatted to yield to the virus's victory that the file first appeared in the external hard drive. I am wits end and I know someone out there can help me. Please tell me what to do. I was told that it was very complex and destructive hack file. Am I infected again? :thumbsup:

Edited by sonnyboa, 29 April 2010 - 07:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users