Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turn off the mouse pad on a lap top?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

Is there a way to turn of the touch pad on a Compaq Presario M2108US, asking for a friend that finds it a pain and is using a mouse.

Edited by OldPhil, 29 April 2010 - 07:31 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

Start, control panel, pointing devises, select touch pad and click disable. You can also right click on touch pad icon in task tray and click on properties, click on touch and click on disable. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image

The settings are in synapsis, this is what the icon looks like, should be on the taskbar

#4 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

Would want to do this as well, do you disable it before installing USB mouse, or after?

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

doesn't matter

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:19 AM

Well after because you need the USB to do it.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 klink1956

klink1956

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

You should not have to worry about disabling the pad. On the laptops I have used the mouse works just by plugging it in to the USB port. After the O.S. discovers it,good to go.
Where ever you go.................. There you are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users