Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank You for ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Odie1941

Odie1941

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Bleeping folks,

Thank you for your service and recommending Combo Fix, which after running every for fee and free software - including Microsoft's useless "security detection" crap; finally rid my system of problems.

I may be cynical, but I find it odd Microsoft themselves don't detect one of the most vicious malware's , that mirrors (or fishes) the exact look and feel of XP Security System - XP Antimaleware 2010. Are they really that inept?

Sure I am pissed, being I spent 10 total hours of my work(s) day to rid 3 machines... but honestly - does MS or "for fee anti-virus" companies really even care? I am confident they "support/block" 99% of crap that is blocked anyway... including bloating your system with "real time nonsense" its the virus/trojans/malware/ etc that they DONT CATCH - yet free groups like yours find the time and brain power to uncover and astutely develop, then market - an actual solution.

Kudos to ya'll - a nice donation was made, as I also support Spybot, though they seem to be losing their "mojo" lately.

Cheers,
Odie1941

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Thank you for the kind words. We will be sure and share them with the developer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Odie1941

Odie1941
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

You are welcome.

Add in the fact you read and commented in less than 5 minutes... you have a another huge fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users