Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lvsunz

lvsunz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

I use Quicken 2007 on my Windows XP Pro system. I 'm getting a new system with Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. I bought Quicken 2010. I'm uncertain as to how to transfer my Quicken data files:

. Install Quicken 2007 on my new system and transfer data files, then update Quicken to my 2010 software?

. Install Quicken 2010 on new system, then transfer data files from current XP Pro system - but don't install Quicken 2007 on new system?

. Other options?

Would sure appreciate some help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hello luvsunz and welcome to the forum!

Will you be using Quicken on both systems or just the new one?

I would install 2010 on the new system and then simply import the data.
If the file formats are different between 2007 & 2010 it should convert your data to the new format automatically.
That could potentially mean that 2007 might not be able to read the 2010 format if they are different.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 lvsunz

lvsunz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

Thank you for the quick response Evesee. I will only be using the new Win 7 system- it's replacing my current XP Pro system. So I'll just import the 2007 data, via an external HD, to the new system after I install 2010 on the new system. Thanks again.

#4 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for the quick response Evesee. I will only be using the new Win 7 system- it's replacing my current XP Pro system. So I'll just import the 2007 data, via an external HD, to the new system after I install 2010 on the new system. Thanks again.

You're on the right track. Just backup your data file from your current version of quicken, then "restore" it to the new version. It should automatically convert the prior version to 2010.

Bonne chance,

=SubMariner=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users