Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mentor or watchful eyes WANTED!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hey all,

New to forums and I am looking I guess for a mentor or mentors to maybe provide feedback with any advice I may give. First, a little background..... I am currently enrolled in a Bachelor's of IT with a minor in security, I am a sophomore as it stands now. I have found this site to be very helpful to me in the past, and wish to pass along what help I can and learn and gain experience as I go about doing it.

What I am looking for, guidance. Do I know my way around a computer, yeah I feel somewhat comfortable but in no way do I feel I am a professional. I'm just looking for some individuals that frequent these forums and can offer some help with maybe comments I make, or a better way to go about doing things. I do not take offense to constructive criticism and all thoughtful comments (from knowledgeable members) is greatly appreciated.

The more guidance I receive, obviously the better off I will be supporting folks down the road.
So if you think you can offer some advice, criticism, or just want to say hey...you went about that the right way(or wrong way), please shoot me a message.

Thanks in advance!!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Just helps to make sure your clear and concise and professional with everyone, and remember, no one gets it right one hundred percent of the time. What seems like an easy fix at first might turn into a 2 day long event, Just keep in mind that a lot of people come here claim to know more then they do and may have difficulty understanding what you ask them to, and sometimes, you have to find multiple methods to diagnose a problem. Sometimes, if you get to the point that your stumped with a persons issues-feel free to admit it and ask for help. I have never had a member criticize me after I came up dry and said I don't know, but Ill see if I can find someone who does, and from there, PM another advisor that I trust for a second opinion. It never hurts to ask for a second opinion or help on anything. :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users