Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet is not connecting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Edward S

Edward S

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

Can someone please help me I have Windows XP and I was browsing on my computer and all of a sudden my computer was acting funny then my computer was starting to load my computer browser (Mozilla Firefox) into 45 to 50 pages loading on the background. Then i looked on my windows taskbar manager it showed the Firebox and Internet Explorer loading the processing a lot. Then I minimize the taskbar and try to connect my internet but it say "Can not load" or "Problem loading". I type www.google.com then pop ups of my browser loaded more. Please help me what to do. Thank you.

Edited by elise025, 30 April 2010 - 05:35 AM.
Topic moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcs365_1

pcs365_1

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hi Edward,

Try the below steps:

1. Close all applications
2. Close / disable startup applications (such as skype, messenger, or any background application)
3. Start/Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options/Delete Browsing History/Delete All (in passwords)
4. Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons (check) and click ok
5. Close all windows, and files (just in case). Nothing should be in open mode
6. Go to Start/run
7. Type in the open: %temp%
8. Press enter
9. Start deleting the temp files
10. You might not be able to delete some of the files, because they might be in use. Leave them alone.
11. If you get an error 'Error Deleting file or folder' Click OK and continue deleting some of the files by type
12. When you are done. Reboot the computer

Now try to accessing any website either using Firefox or IE and post the results (if working or not)

Happy Computing :thumbsup:

Regards,
PCS365_1
----------------------------------------------
Please do not mail me for personal help or advice, that is what our forums are for

#3 Edward S

Edward S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

I did what you have told me PCS365_1 but with no answer. But the computer started running ok but when i kept it on for an hour or two then the pop ups again appeared. I was getting frustrating about this because something was going wrong with my computer. I scanned the avast anti virus, Malwarebytes programs and it have not did nothing. It say my computer is free from viruses but the pop ups continue to appear please can anyone help me. Thank you,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users