Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Outlook 2003 Freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lpdacks

lpdacks

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hello,

I have MS Outlook 2003 and it is freezing/not responding after I send emails. I am receiving emails. I have sent out test emails to my hotmail acct and I receive them. Once Outlook freezes, I end the process in the task manager and I am unable to open Outlook again until I restart my computer. The internet is working fine.

I have run the detect and repair option in Microsoft Outlook twice and restarted my computer. Still stalls. I have run ad-aware, malwarebytes, avg and superantispyware (not all at the same time obviously) in regular operating mode and safe mode and no malicious items were detected. I have also run CC Cleaner.

Any other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

The only other thing I would ask is Office full patched? If so I would reinstall office.
MCP
MSDST

#3 lpdacks

lpdacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Office is patched. I think it might be a virus now because it now is preventing me from fully closing all program and internet windows (including non windows programs). Half of the window remains on the screen after closing. When I press ctrl + alt + delete and open the task manager the program is not listed as running and then remaining portion of the window closes. Do you think it could be a virus?

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users