Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer refusing to work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paton

paton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi,

My friend came to me with an issue of her computer not working. So I got her to run an anti-virus scan and a scan using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. After the MBAM scan her computer now refuses to work completely. Anytime she tries to open a program, the prompt asking what to open it with comes up and only gives her the option of Internet Explorer and when she clicks run, the prompt asking for permission comes up and then it refuses to open.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edited by elise025, 30 April 2010 - 05:37 AM.
Moved from Vista forum to Am I Infected ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:41 AM

Hello, please download this file <-- right click on the file and select "save target as..."

Save the file to your desktop and doubleclick on it to run it. If asked to merge the information with the registry, click Yes/OK.
You will receive a message the information was succesfully merged.

Let me know if things run normally afterwards.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users