Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router in repeater/bridge mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hellraizor

hellraizor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hello. I have Linksys WRT610N. Can anyone tell me me how to make it work as a repeater? The problem actually is that I use x-lite but when I use the wireless, it cannot register with the asterisk. My main router is RV042 and after it is the wireless, and the PC with the asterisk is connected to the RV042. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

I am assuming you mean to use the WRT610N as an access point, not a repeater, correct ? That is, the WRT610 is connected to the RV042 with an Ethernet cable, and you want to use the RV042 as the router and DHCP server for your network. The easiest way to do this is to log into the WRT610 and turn off it's DHCP server, change it's internal address to something different (I usually use 192.168.1.2, but remember what you set it to so you can log into it again). Then connect the WRT610 to the RV042 using one of the LAN ports on the WRT610, not the WAN port. Of course you will still need to set up the wireless side with your SSID and wireless security. This process will cause the WRT610 to operate as a simple Access Point.

Let us know if this doesn't get you where you want to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users