Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online protection tool virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Havoc079

Havoc079

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

The other day i started getting this online protection tool pop up saying its "microsoft" etc etc.. i've never clicked ok usually i just close it out and then it goes away.. but usually at least once per opening of firefox it will get redirected to some other site and then i have to close out and reopen it again.. this is the most problems its causing currently and its more of an annoyance.. i've ran malwarebytes and some other programs and it still hasn't helped.. anything you all can do to help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Edited by Budapest, 28 April 2010 - 10:24 PM.
Moved from Logs forum ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havoc079

Havoc079
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

any help?

#3 Havoc079

Havoc079
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

i'm also unable to view the malwarebytes website.. i'm getting pop ups from http://results.google-analytics.com/
and im also unable to install spybot search and destroy

any help with these issues are greatly appreciated

#4 lilangel

lilangel

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have same problem!! :thumbsup:

#5 Havoc079

Havoc079
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

2 people with the same problem can we get some help?

#6 Havoc079

Havoc079
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

still having this problem.. still unable to access malwarebytes site.. can't update my malwarebytes and can't use windows update either.. still getting the online protection tool pop up and still getting redirected.. need help please

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

Receiving assistance here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316654/online-protection-tool-virus-and-google-redirect-virus/ so this topic is closed to avoid confusion. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users