Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Temperature

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 berkleg

berkleg

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

I have just fitted a new graphics card to my pc (Nvidia 6600GT AGP) after playing halo for about an hour with all the graphics effect up to the highest setting I checked my CPU temp. It was on 50c, as my pc is normally on 32c-36c (idle) and 38c-40c (load) I was wondering if this was normal.

System Spec

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ (2Ghz no OC)
768mb PC3200 DDR RAM
Nvidia Gigabyte 128mb 6600GT AGP (core 561mhz clock 1.12ghz)
Standard cooling system

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

Overclocking your graphics card? ..never heard of it ..jk

I wouldnt stress it ..try reseating the card ..it may produce more heat then your last card ..invest in another fan or new cooling system (ie water cooling) if your losing sleep over it.

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

#3 berkleg

berkleg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for such a quick reply :thumbsup:

If i reset the card's frequencies to default halo keeps crashing :flowers: , so it looks like a better cooling system is due. So can anyone recommend any good fan/water cooling kits around the 100 mark? er... thats about $180 (US)

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:13 AM

Since water cooling is expensive, and very difficult to install and manage. Id go with air.

I suggest filling up any 80/120mm fan slots to increase airflow. Purchasing a vga silencer and cleaning your case so you can get some air into it.
A cleaning guide is here:
http://techsomething.net/SupportPartsCleaning.htm

If your purchasing 3-4 fans and a vga silencer your total (depending on the quality)
would probably come to around 30-40 us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users