Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot print from Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anonomy

anonomy

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I'm running Windows XP. I have removed Internet Explorer and use Firefox exclusively. I cannot print from Outlook Express. When I try to print, nothing happens. I can print from Firefox. Must I reinstall Internet Explorer in order to print from Outlook Express?
Thanks in advance.
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi anonomy -

How did you Fully remove Internet Explorer - If you go to Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer > My Computer > Local Disc > Program Files -
Look down the list and see if Internet Explorer is still listed - If it is then it still, and always did exist -
That is the long way , but easy to explain -

Thanks -

#3 anonomy

anonomy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for your reply. I went to Add Remove Programs and sure enough there are remnants of IE listed there. Then I went to C:/Programs and found that many IE files, including the .exe file is still listed there. I tried clicking on the .exe file and nothing happened.

Thanks for your help

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

IMPO, I would never ever remove IE from any windows install. You may need it for a site to function properly. I would recommend reinstalling IE and keeping it updated.

Why did you completely remove IE, just curious is all?

#5 pcs365_1

pcs365_1

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hi anonomy,

Make sure that Internet explorer and Firefox are closed.

Go to Start > Run and type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" in the box. 'Note the space'

Click OK and then try to print from Outlook Express again.

Do post your results (if working or not) for any further help. Happy Computing :thumbsup:

Regards,
PCS365_1
----------------------------------------------
Please do not :flowers: mail me for personal help or advice, that is what our forums are for

#6 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

You have Mozilla's browser so why not try their Thunderbird email program where you could print from there instead? I use it and Firefox since I prefer them over Microsoft's IE and OE.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Hi anonomy -
HERE is the correct link to install Internet Explorer 8 - You should always leave it there even if not used -
Then go to Microsoft updates and make sure you have all the required updates - Even if never used you will (can) get all updates -

Thank You - :thumbsup:

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Outlook Express...is part of IE.

To eliminate key files from one...is probably the same as screwing up the other.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users