Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Operation cancelled - restrictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 helgcarl

helgcarl

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

When I am trying to open the Tools - Internet options in IE6 I get "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".
I am the administrator. I have had a virus on the computer (and may be still have). It was a reference in the start-up-file to a script-file and this script refererred to an unwanted internet page.

I have removed the reference in the startup page and the script file, too so the internet page does not open, but the above problem with "operation cancelled" still remains.

I can reset the home page OK by right clicking the desktop ie6 symbol etc. and reset there.

Can anyone please inform how I can get back the "administrator rights"?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Helgcarl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,927 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

Some anti-spyware apps like Spybot set restrictions as a preventive measure. You should start by checking Spybot (if installed) or any similar apps to see if you set restrictions without realizing it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

I checked Spybot, but no checked boxes.

I have reset my pages with the help of spybot to normal startpages etc. They were set to

http://specific911.net/ which must be a bad page.

When I f. i. go to Start - Run and type f.i. randomly "ab", the IE opens and directs me to the page

http://specific911.net/se.cgi?query=ab

i.e. the argument becomes ab. When I type regedit I get to regedit, but anything else than a known program becomes an argument in the above url.

Does anyone have a clue to where I can find the Spy program that is starting?

helgcarl

#4 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Get Ad-Aware from lavasoft, it can detect almost any spyware. You might also want to get "All-In-One Secretmaker", it will block most spyware from installing on your computer. It saved me when i clicked on your link.

Thanks for including that spyware link in your post, now i have to run scanner. :thumbsup:

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:39 PM

I made the links harmless...

Kaptain, I'm not exactly sure how to put this without offending you, but when someone says they got infected from a website, what do you really expect to happen when you click on that link? It is often helpful to us when diagnosing to be able to view a website on a secured system to see exactly what is happening.

So in other words, you really have no one to blame but yourself. Nobody forced you to click on that link. :thumbsup:

#6 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:52 PM

I wanted to make sure it was a "bad page". It wasn't explicit enough for me that page was infected. :thumbsup:

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,649 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hi helgcarl,

I checked Spybot, but no checked boxes.

Can you confirm that you have gone into the IE Tweaks section in Advanced Mode and checked the boxes next to Lock IE start page settings against user changes [current user] and Lock IE control panel from opening from within IE [current user]? If so go in and remove the checks from those boxes and see if you get the same message.

[current user] is the key to a common misunderstanding here. All this does is prevent someone you allow to use your computer from making changes in Internet Options and your start pages. Actually it prevents anyone who is logged on to your account from making changes in the normal way--including you. You have to remove the restrictions via Spybot first.

If those boxes are unchecked, then it is likely the malware has set the restrictions, and you do seem to still be infected.

Could you do us a big favor and post a HijackThis log if possible? That appears to be a rare infection and there is not enough information on it. I've found a couple of threads about it, but the solution seems to be incomplete and we may be able to work out a solution for everyone.

Follow the instructions in this tutorial to get a log posted:

How to post a HijackThis Log

Go ahead and post your log in this thread and I'll move it to the logs forum. Others with this infection aren't able to run most applications, so it may not be possible. Just let me know. And if you can post a log, wait from a response from me.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#8 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi Papakid

To your first question: The error remains in both instances: If the boxes are checked or if the boxes are unchecked (Spybot).

Please find the HijackThis log below:

===============================

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:46:05, on 28.09.2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PMJ151LA.BIN
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\ForceShutdown\fsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Telenor\ecc\ecc.exe
C:\Program Files\Eicon\Diva\DiTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchAssistant = http://www.online.no
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,CustomizeSearch = http://specific911.com/_start/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.online.no
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.online.no
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.online.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.online.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.online.no
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer by Tele2
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.0.100
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.0.100:1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;<local>
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Search Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: XBTB09580 Class - {FFDA4F6F-2EA3-4942-9420-E42880965A3A} - C:\PROGRA~1\WORDRE~1\tbu12\WORDRE~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: WordReferenceEsEn - {5776A2BC-D803-47F6-9DC0-8344DB8D604C} - C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SPAMfighter Agent] "C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe" update delay 60
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HPQ\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Force Shutdown] C:\Program Files\ForceShutdown\fsd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ecc] C:\Program Files\Telenor\ecc\ecc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiTask.exe] "C:\Program Files\Eicon\Diva\DiTask.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Display Settings] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CGServer] "C:\Program Files\Eicon\Diva\cgserver.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [DJSNetCN] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PC-søk i Windows.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Åpne i ny bakgrunnsflik - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntabres.dll/229?a2713bb9f5f64b59ba614617d0a0f8a8
O8 - Extra context menu item: Åpne i ny forgrunnsflik - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntabres.dll/230?a2713bb9f5f64b59ba614617d0a0f8a8
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-4017 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {A8F2B9BD-A6A0-486A-9744-18920D898429} (ScorchPlugin Class) - http://www.sibelius.com/download/software/...tiveXPlugin.cab
O18 - Protocol: widimg - {EE7C2AFF-5742-44FF-BD0E-E521B0D3C3BA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\btxppanel.dll
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Licensing Detect Internet Connection (DJSNETCN) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service (HPConfig) - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect-tjeneste (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: PMJ151 AutoLaunch Service (PMJ151LA) - Matsubleepa Electric Industrial Co. ,Ltd, - C:\WINDOWS\PMJ151LA.BIN
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

==================

Thank you for having an interest in this problem.

I see from the log above that the page "...specific911..." is still there on one of the lines. I previously changed to my regular browser pages with the tool "Browser pages" in Spybot (there were many specific911 pages listed in Spybot just after the infection) and when I double check the Browser Pages in Spybot while writing this, the specific911 page does not appear. So the specific911 reference is obviously still on the PC even if it is not listed in Spybot browser pages list. This is substantiated by the fact that I get directed to this page by the run commands described earlier in this thread. It is also worth mentioning that I never entered this specific911 page deliberately. The virus "just came" when I was without Norton Utiliies or another such program for a couple of days.

Regards,
helgcarl

#9 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,649 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:05 AM

Well, helgcarl, the restrictions are showing up in the log and they do appear to be asociated with this malware. But not much else associated with it is showing up so you've done a pretty good job securing your system.

I have removed the reference in the startup page and the script file

Do you happen to remember the name of the script file? Was it ..vbs? Have you deleted anything else?

The virus "just came" when I was without Norton Utiliies or another such program for a couple of days.

You must have had Norton's script blocking service diabled or this got past it. Seems to be a VBS scripting trojan and is pretty slippery. Let's see what we can do. We'll try fairly simple first.

Download and install the trial version of ewido security suite. The trial is feature limited, but the main scanning and cleaning engine will work after the trial has expired and is essentially freeware.

When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch Ewido by double-clicking the desktop icon.
- You may get a message that the database could not be found. This is normal-- click the OK button.
- The program will now go to the main screen.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Click on Start update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed close Ewido.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Scan again with HijackThis 1.99.1. Put a checkmark by the following entries, double-checking to be sure that only these entries are checked:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,CustomizeSearch = http://specific911.com/_start/
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

Close all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and then click the "Fix checked" button.

Open ewido and do the following:
[*]Click on scanner
[*]Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
[*]If ewido detects an infected file click "Perform action on all infections"
[*]Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
[*]Click Save report.
[*]Save the report.txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.

Please post the contents of the report.txt file in your next post.

Reboot back into normal mode and test if your reestrictions have gone away. Also the redirection of run commands that you've reported.

Now please run this free online antivirus scan: Panda ActiveScan. Allow it to fix anything it finds, save the log and post it back here also.

Then scan again with HijackThis and post another log. Let me know of any problems you may have encountered.

I would also like to know if you are familiar with the proxies listed here:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.0.100
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.0.100:1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;<local>

The thing about people

is they change

#10 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Hello

Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the script files.

I followed you instructions (safe mode etc) and ran ewido/highjack this, please find the log:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 23:36:14, 29.09.2005
+ Report-Checksum: 3D478712

+ Scan result:

HKU\S-1-5-21-3164359915-711372534-3252683234-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{5F1ABCDB-A875-46C1-8345-B72A4567E483} -> Spyware.ISTBar : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Cookies\helge carlsen@centrport[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Centrport : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Cookies\helge carlsen@tribalfusion[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

=================

After this I checked status of the error and the Internet Options lockout had gone away! The run command e.g. "ab" still redirected me to specific911 page, though.

Then I ran Panda ActiveScan. Here is the log:

Incident Status Location

Adware:Adware/Softomate No disinfected C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
Adware:adware/block-checker No disinfected Windows Registry
===============

I had to stop this run of active scan since I need to close for the day. Will run it again tomorrow as well as the last run of HighJack Now.

Regarding the proxies, the 192.168 ones I am familiar with, but not the 127.0.0.1.

Thank you very much for your help so far!

helgcarl

#11 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:30 AM

Papakid

I now ran a complete ActiveScan on local drives and had the following report (The program did not promt me to fix anything):

==============================

Incident Status Location

Adware:Adware/Softomate No disinfected C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\tbupdate.cab[wordreferenceEsEn.dll]
Adware:Adware/Softomate No disinfected C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
Adware:Adware/LookSmart No disinfected C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\wordreferenceEsEn.dll

Then I ran the HighJackThis and got the following log:

Scan saved at 12:51:04, on 02.10.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchFilter.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchAssistant = http://www.online.no
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.online.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.online.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.online.no
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer by Tele2
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Search Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: XBTB09580 Class - {FFDA4F6F-2EA3-4942-9420-E42880965A3A} - C:\PROGRA~1\WORDRE~1\tbu12\WORDRE~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: WordReferenceEsEn - {5776A2BC-D803-47F6-9DC0-8344DB8D604C} - C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SPAMfighter Agent] "C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe" update delay 60
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Display Settings] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [DJSNetCN] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PC-søk i Windows.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Åpne i ny bakgrunnsflik - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntabres.dll/229?a2713bb9f5f64b59ba614617d0a0f8a8
O8 - Extra context menu item: Åpne i ny forgrunnsflik - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TAB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntabres.dll/230?a2713bb9f5f64b59ba614617d0a0f8a8
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-4017 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8F2B9BD-A6A0-486A-9744-18920D898429} (ScorchPlugin Class) - http://www.sibelius.com/download/software/...tiveXPlugin.cab
O18 - Protocol: widimg - {EE7C2AFF-5742-44FF-BD0E-E521B0D3C3BA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\btxppanel.dll
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation - C:\Program Files\Creative\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Licensing Detect Internet Connection (DJSNETCN) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service (HPConfig) - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect-tjeneste (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: PMJ151 AutoLaunch Service (PMJ151LA) - Matsubleepa Electric Industrial Co. ,Ltd, - C:\WINDOWS\PMJ151LA.BIN
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Regards,

helgcarl

#12 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,649 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

Hi helgcarl,

Sorry for the delay in geting back to you. Your log looks clean now.

I believe the ActiveScan detection of the WordReferenceEsEn toolbar is probably a false positive. You might try uninstalling it and test to see if it makes the run redirection go away. But I don't like that ISTbar being present. You may have something else lying arond that HijackThis can't see.

Please do this:

Download WinPFind.zip and unzip the contents to the C:\ folder.

Download Registry Search.

- Create a new folder on your desktop named Regsearch
- Extract regsearch.zip file to the newly created folder.

Locate the c:\winpfind\winpfind.exe file and double-click it to run it. Now click the Start Scan button to begin the scan. When the scan is complete close WinPFind.

Open the Regsearch folder and double click regsearch.exe to start the program. Use copy and paste to enter the following bold text to search for and click OK.

specific911

Notepad will be opened with text in it (the file will also be saved in the Regsearch folder as well).

Post this text in your next reply along with the WinPFind.txt file (located in the WinPFind folder) back here along with a new HijackThis log run in normal mode.

Could you also let me know if you are having any problems getting any of your other programs to run, or is it just those that don't actually exist? I'm going to ask some of my colleagues if they have run across a solution to this. I think it has something to do with the way Windows searches for files to run.

And you're welcome for the help so far. Hope we can get it all straightened out.

The thing about people

is they change

#13 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:48 PM

Hi helgcarl,

Sorry for the delay in geting back to you. Your log looks clean now.

I believe the ActiveScan detection of the WordReferenceEsEn toolbar is probably a false positive. You might try uninstalling it and test to see if it makes the run redirection go away. But I don't like that ISTbar being present. You may have something else lying arond that HijackThis can't see.

Please do this:

Download WinPFind.zip and unzip the contents to the C:\ folder.

Download Registry Search.

- Create a new folder on your desktop named Regsearch
- Extract regsearch.zip file to the newly created folder.

Locate the c:\winpfind\winpfind.exe file and double-click it to run it. Now click the Start Scan button to begin the scan. When the scan is complete close WinPFind.

Open the Regsearch folder and double click regsearch.exe to start the program. Use copy and paste to enter the following bold text to search for and click OK.

specific911

Notepad will be opened with text in it (the file will also be saved in the Regsearch folder as well).

Post this text in your next reply along with the WinPFind.txt file (located in the WinPFind folder) back here along with a new HijackThis log run in normal mode.

Could you also let me know if you are having any problems getting any of your other programs to run, or is it just those that don't actually exist? I'm going to ask some of my colleagues if they have run across a solution to this. I think it has something to do with the way Windows searches for files to run.

And you're welcome for the help so far. Hope we can get it all straightened out.

Papakid

Please find log from Regsarch:

============================

REGEDIT4

; Registry Search by Bobbi Flekman
; Version: 1.0.2.1

; Results at 15.10.2005 22:19:38 for strings:
; 'specific911'
; Strings excluded from search:
; (None)
; Search in:
; Registry Keys Registry Values Registry Data
; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKEY_USERS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"Local Page"="http://specific911.com/_start/"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]
"Default"="http://specific911.com/_start/"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\DefaultPrefix]
"www"="http://specific911.com/se.cgi?query="

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\Prefixes]
@="http://specific911.net/se.cgi?query="

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\SafeSites]
"ie.search.msn.com"="http://specific911.com/_start/"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3164359915-711372534-3252683234-1005\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]

; End Of The Log...

==========================
Log from WinPFind:
==========================

WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Windows OS and Versions »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Product Name: Microsoft Windows XP Current Build: Service Pack 2 Current Build Number: 2600
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Standard Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking %SystemDrive% folder...

Checking %ProgramFilesDir% folder...

Checking %WinDir% folder...

Checking %System% folder...
PEC2 29.08.2002 14:00:00 41397 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dfrg.msc
PTech 29.08.2005 13:27:12 520968 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
UPX! 08.11.2003 11:34:00 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MPCDec.ax
PECompact2 05.10.2005 04:09:08 2293088 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
aspack 05.10.2005 04:09:08 2293088 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
aspack 04.08.2004 09:56:36 708096 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Umonitor 04.08.2004 09:56:44 657920 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rasdlg.dll
winsync 29.08.2002 14:00:00 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbdbase.deu

Checking %System%\Drivers folder and sub-folders...
PTech 04.08.2004 07:41:38 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\mtlstrm.sys

Items found in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc\hosts

Checking the Windows folder and sub-folders for system and hidden files within the last 60 days...
15.10.2005 22:05:26 S 2048 C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
29.09.2005 22:54:00 HS 4608 C:\WINDOWS\Thumbs.db
29.09.2005 22:53:52 HS 5120 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\Thumbs.db
15.10.2005 22:05:30 S 64 C:\WINDOWS\CSC\00000001
29.09.2005 22:50:32 S 64 C:\WINDOWS\CSC\00000002
23.09.2005 00:10:50 HS 5632 C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\Thumbs.db
29.09.2005 22:53:58 HS 7168 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Thumbs.db
05.10.2005 03:17:40 S 21737 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB896688.cat
17.08.2005 19:19:32 S 11084 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB899589.cat
28.09.2005 11:53:30 S 17402 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB900725.cat
09.09.2005 19:15:08 S 11084 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB901017.cat
29.08.2005 21:25:44 S 11084 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB904706.cat
22.08.2005 20:48:28 S 11084 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB905414.cat
22.08.2005 21:03:36 S 11084 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB905749.cat
15.10.2005 22:05:16 H 8192 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG
23.09.2005 00:39:34 H 0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT.rrr.LOG
15.10.2005 22:05:40 H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG
23.09.2005 00:39:34 H 0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.rrr.LOG
15.10.2005 22:05:28 H 16384 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG
15.10.2005 22:06:36 H 77824 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG
23.09.2005 00:39:34 H 0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE.rrr.LOG
15.10.2005 22:05:48 H 1294336 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG
15.10.2005 14:55:40 H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\NTUSER.DAT.LOG
21.08.2005 20:33:46 S 688 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\60E31627FDA0A46932B0E5948949F2A5
10.10.2005 22:04:28 S 19834 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\A8FABA189DB7D25FBA7CAC806625FD30
21.08.2005 20:33:46 S 94 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\60E31627FDA0A46932B0E5948949F2A5
10.10.2005 22:04:28 S 124 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\A8FABA189DB7D25FBA7CAC806625FD30
18.09.2005 20:38:32 HS 388 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\55af9db9-5ed6-4d43-8d53-6cc6f5aaba14
18.09.2005 20:38:32 HS 24 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\Preferred
15.10.2005 22:04:10 H 6 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\SA.DAT
23.09.2005 00:10:52 HS 7168 C:\WINDOWS\Web\Thumbs.db

Checking for CPL files...
19.08.2003 09:20:04 180224 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ac3filter.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\access.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 549888 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\appwiz.cpl
Broadcom Corporation 02.09.2004 15:34:42 262203 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\btcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 110592 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bthprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 135168 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\desk.cpl
Teleca Software Solutions AB 08.10.2003 12:54:36 339968 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ecsepm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 80384 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\firewall.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 155136 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdwwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 358400 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 129536 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\intl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 380416 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\irprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\joy.cpl
Sun Microsystems 22.02.2004 23:44:42 61555 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jpicpl32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 618496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mmsys.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 25600 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netsetup.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 257024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nusrmgr.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nwc.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 32768 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbccp32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 114688 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\powercfg.cpl
Apple Computer, Inc. 30.03.2000 19:00:32 250880 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QuickTime.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 298496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysdm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\timedate.cpl
24.10.2003 13:54:20 53248 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vp6dec_settings.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 04.08.2004 09:56:58 148480 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wscui.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 26.05.2005 04:16:30 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wuaucpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\nwc.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 29.08.2002 14:00:00 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 26.05.2005 04:16:30 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\wuaucpl.cpl

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Startup Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Startup folder...
26.09.2005 23:19:30 1763 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
26.09.2005 23:19:30 687 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\BTTray.lnk
27.05.2003 20:38:56 HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
26.09.2005 23:19:30 779 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\hpoddt01.exe.lnk
26.09.2005 23:19:30 1891 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk
26.09.2005 23:19:30 1730 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk
13.10.2005 21:30:08 2159 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PC-søk i Windows.lnk

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
27.05.2003 13:26:58 HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\desktop.ini
28.11.2004 22:04:36 13 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DirectCDUserNameE.txt
22.06.2003 19:50:26 351 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\hpzinstall.log

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Startup folder...
27.05.2003 20:38:56 HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
08.09.2005 23:31:22 1552 C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Application Data\AdobeDLM.log
27.05.2003 13:26:58 HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Application Data\desktop.ini
08.09.2005 23:31:22 0 C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Application Data\dm.ini
05.03.2005 15:04:50 38104 C:\Documents and Settings\Helge Carlsen\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Registry Keys »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
SC/5.10/1.14/Telenor = Telenor
SV1 =

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]
=

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\RenegadeContextMenuExt
{3883DC3D-6593-421B-AF0E-6EBA2FCE4081} = C:\Program Files\Telenor Sikker Lagring\STGSHEXT.DLL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}
Start Menu Pin = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\RenegadeContextMenuExt
{3883DC3D-6593-421B-AF0E-6EBA2FCE4081} = C:\Program Files\Telenor Sikker Lagring\STGSHEXT.DLL
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} = ntshrui.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871}
= %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{F9DB5320-233E-11D1-9F84-707F02C10627}
= C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Yahoo! Companion BHO = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
AcroIEHlprObj Class = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{22BF413B-C6D2-4D91-82A9-A0F997BA588C}
CBTBPos01 Class = C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\toolbars\SKYPEF~2\toolbar.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
= C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}
CNisExtBho Class = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0}
MSN Search Toolbar Helper = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}
CNavExtBho Class = C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{FFDA4F6F-2EA3-4942-9420-E42880965A3A}
XBTB09580 Class = C:\PROGRA~1\WORDRE~1\tbu12\WORDRE~1.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{4D5C8C25-D075-11d0-B416-00C04FB90376}
&Tip of the Day = %SystemRoot%\system32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBar]
{5776A2BC-D803-47F6-9DC0-8344DB8D604C} = WordReferenceEsEn : C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
{BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} = MSN Search Toolbar : C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} = Yahoo! Companion : C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
{0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} = Norton Internet Security : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
{B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED} = Skype™ For Internet Explorer : C:\Program Files\Skype\toolbars\Skype for Internet Explorer\toolbar.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}
MenuText = Sun Java Console : C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F}
ButtonText = @btrez.dll,-4015 :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}
ButtonText = Messenger : C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}
=
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{EFA24E61-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}
Favorites Band = %SystemRoot%\system32\shdocvw.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{EFA24E64-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}
Explorer Band = %SystemRoot%\system32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{5776A2BC-D803-47F6-9DC0-8344DB8D604C} = WordReferenceEsEn : C:\Program Files\WordReferenceEsEn\tbu12\wordreferenceEsEn.dll
{BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} = MSN Search Toolbar : C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1105\nb-no\msntb.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{0E5CBF21-D15F-11D0-8301-00AA005B4383} = &Links : %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
{0B53EAC3-8D69-4B9E-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} = Norton Internet Security : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} = Yahoo! Companion : C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
{B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED} = Skype™ For Internet Explorer : C:\Program Files\Skype\toolbars\Skype for Internet Explorer\toolbar.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
ccApp "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
Symantec NetDriver Monitor C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
zBrowser Launcher C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
TkBellExe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
SynTPLpr C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
SynTPEnh C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
SunJavaUpdateSched C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
SPAMfighter Agent "C:\Program Files\SPAMfighter\SFAgent.exe" update delay 60
QT4HPOT C:\PROGRA~1\HPQ\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
HPDJ Taskbar Utility C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
gcasServ "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
Force Shutdown C:\Program Files\ForceShutdown\fsd.exe
EM_EXEC C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
ecc C:\Program Files\Telenor\ecc\ecc.exe
DiTask.exe "C:\Program Files\Eicon\Diva\DiTask.exe"
Display Settings C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
Cpqset C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
CGServer "C:\Program Files\Eicon\Diva\cgserver.exe"
CARPService carpserv.exe
BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
ATIPTA C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
AdaptecDirectCD "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
mmtask C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
MMTray C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
IMAIL Installed = 1
MAPI Installed = 1
MSFS Installed = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
DJSNetCN C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\DJSNETCN.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
ctfmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
Skype "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\state
system.ini 0
win.ini 0
bootini 0
services 0
startup 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoFolderOptions 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum
{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\WEBFOL~1\MSONSEXT.DLL
{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF} =
{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1} =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings\PICSRules

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
dontdisplaylastusername 0
legalnoticecaption
legalnoticetext
shutdownwithoutlogon 1
undockwithoutlogon 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 145
NoFolderOptions 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad]
PostBootReminder {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} = %SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} = C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
Shell = Explorer.exe
System =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain
= crypt32.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet
= cryptnet.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll
= cscdll.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy
= sclgntfy.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn
= WlNotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon
= wlnotify.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger = ntsd -d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
AppInit_DLLs

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scan Complete »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
WinPFind v1.4.1 - Log file written to "WinPFind.Txt" in the WinPFind folder.
Scan completed on 15.10.2005 22:16:16

======================================
Log from HighJack this:
======================================

Scan saved at 22:34:47, on 15.10.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchFilter.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\toolbars\SKYPEF~2\Skype4IE.exe

O2 - BHO: CBTBPos01 - {22BF413B-C6D2-4D91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\toolbars\SKYPEF~2\toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Skype™ For Internet Explorer - {B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED} - C:\Program Files\Skype\toolbars\Skype for Internet Explorer\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: PC-søk i Windows.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe

===================================

I have no problems running other programs, ref your question regarding this.

Regards,

helgcarl

#14 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,649 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:56 AM

Hi helgcarl,

Well, PFind looks pretty good. With the help of miekiemoes, who is one of the best at this business, I've gotten some information on this infection. We're going to see if we can get the Run redirection fixed. Let us know how that goes and if you have any more problems. I have some more obligations on my time, so miekiemoes may take over this thread if need be. But you and your security tools seem to have already fixed most of this infection and you appear to be in pretty good shape.

Please do the following:

Download the FixhcSearch.reg file attached below and save it to your desktop. Then close any open windows and double-click the file and allow it to merge with your registry. Then reboot and test the Run redirection.

This file is for your system only--anyone else with the same or similar problem that is reading this thread should not use this file and I will remove it once you have downloaded it.

This will reset some of your search settings in the registry. I notice you have some toolbars that may do searches. Test them also and if they aren't functioning properly, you may need to reinstall.

Then scan again with HijackThis and post another log and let us know how it goes.

The thing about people

is they change

#15 helgcarl

helgcarl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hi helgcarl,

Well, PFind looks pretty good. With the help of miekiemoes, who is one of the best at this business, I've gotten some information on this infection. We're going to see if we can get the Run redirection fixed. Let us know how that goes and if you have any more problems. I have some more obligations on my time, so miekiemoes may take over this thread if need be. But you and your security tools seem to have already fixed most of this infection and you appear to be in pretty good shape.

Please do the following:

Download the FixhcSearch.reg file attached below and save it to your desktop. Then close any open windows and double-click the file and allow it to merge with your registry. Then reboot and test the Run redirection.

This file is for your system only--anyone else with the same or similar problem that is reading this thread should not use this file and I will remove it once you have downloaded it.

This will reset some of your search settings in the registry. I notice you have some toolbars that may do searches. Test them also and if they aren't functioning properly, you may need to reinstall.

Then scan again with HijackThis and post another log and let us know how it goes.

Hi Papakid

I followed your instructions (including merging with the reg-file. After rebooting, I tried Start - run-command and I did not get redirected!!! If I now write the command abc into the "open"-field of the run command I get "Cannot find "abc"" which I believe is correct as "abc" is not a valid command or program. Previously (when I had this fault), I was redirected to this bad page with "abc" being the search string. Whenever I tested the redirection before applying your fix, I disabled the internet connection (at least after I knew it was a bad redirection) so that I really did not enter this bad page.

I also tested the msn search bar and also the WR bar (translating from spanish to english and both functioned well.

So: Thank you very much!!!

Please find below the HijackThis log file as asked for:

Scan saved at 23:41:07, on 20.10.2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\toolbars\SKYPEF~2\Skype4IE.exe

O2 - BHO: CBTBPos01 - {22BF413B-C6D2-4D91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\toolbars\SKYPEF~2\toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Skype™ For Internet Explorer - {B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED} - C:\Program Files\Skype\toolbars\Skype for Internet Explorer\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: PC-søk i Windows.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\nb-no\bin\WindowsSearch.exe
O16 - DPF: {745395C8-D0E1-4227-8586-624CA9A10A8D} (AxisMediaControl Class) - http://heddal.redirectme.net/activex/AMC.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab

Best regards,

helgcarl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users