Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Center Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TelMeDragon

TelMeDragon

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

My computer has been taken hostage by this rogue anti-virus and I cannot do anything to combat it.

As soon as I boot up, it gives me a black background and has its own interface loaded and will not let me continue until I buy it.
This also happens when I try to boot up in Safe-Mode and Safe-Mode with Networking.

I've downloaded Malware-bytes and everything listed on the guide onto a separate USB already but I cannot access them. What else can i do?
Safe Mode with Command Prompt works, but I'm not too savvy with it. Task Manager cannot be accessed whenever I do Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

Before this happened i noticed that Anti-Malware Doctor and Vista Total Security taking over my computer as well.

I've tried to follow the guide, but i can't run anything nor kill processes so I am forced to seek a different route.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 love2teach956

love2teach956

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Help!! I have same problem as well. Only my rkill and MAM will download, but I can't save that's not an option, only Run is.
I did rkill few times to get some pop ups to stop. MAM gave me error message, said it couldn't be found...not sure now because...my entire screen is black now. If I start it in Safe Mode I get all those lines of-

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\Sytem32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys
and that's last one.It's only half way down my screen and this just sits there. What do I do now???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users