Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows cann't find 'c:\windows\system32\fdisk.com'

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 me7at7at

me7at7at

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

i have a problem that might be caused by some kind of a virus, i receive the following messages after windows starts up directly;

Attached File  untitled.JPG   109.03KB   10 downloads

1. error message: windows cannot find 'c:\windows\system32\fdisk.com' .make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. to search for a file, click the start button and then click search.

2. a notepad file titled "avgnt - Notepad" : the file written in some special characters, the only english words "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

3. a notepad file titled "avp - Notepad" : the file has the same content as the avgnt file.

the history of the problem:

* windows running completely normal, then suddenly task manager refuses to open "task manager disabled by administrator", the folder options in the tools menu disappeared and finally, the internet explorer by itself checks the "use a proxy server for your LAN" in the internet options-connections tab and specifies an address and a port.

*windows formated, but then the same problems returned at the same time i finished installing a fresh copy of windows "xp sp 2"

* installing kaspersky failed as the program crashes every time i try to install it, it crashed and opens a notepad file similar to the two files mentioned above.

* only installing Avira Antivir succeeded, the task manager and folder options problems were gone but then i started receiving the messages mentioned at the beginning of the topic, the acrobat reader fails to open as well and finally the avira gives me warning sounds every time i open 'my computer' or any drive within. the internet and the pc performance became slow and annoying.

PS: i turned off the system restore on all drives to run the avira scan , advised to do so on their web site.

should i install the combofixe program. please help ,, thank you in advance.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 April 2010 - 08:20 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users