Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dartagnan

Dartagnan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Hello. I want to start by first apologizing for this posting not having all the requirements. I began to have problems with Antimalware Doctor this morning. I found the removal instructions for this particular issue and ran rkill to stop the virus processes but when I attempted to run Malwarebytes' it will not open. I also followed the Preparation Guide but the DDS did not produce the Notepad windows and whenever I attempt to run Gmer everything freezes and gmer fails to run.

I started to get all of the Antimalware Doctor popups and such, a desktop shortcut named ACommander has appeared and my system restore capabilities have been disabled. I don't know what to do. The only log I have is the log produced by rkill after it terminated processes. Please help. Thank you so much in advance.

Edited by elise025, 28 April 2010 - 03:40 PM.
Since no logs are posted, I am moving this topic to the Am I Infected forum ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bels91

Bels91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have a similar problem, but have had some success. Several days ago I did a Google search and suddenly Antimalware Doctor took over, disabled Mcafee, SkyBot, Trojan Remover, Task Manager, etc. It would not allow me to download Malwarebytes' Antimalware. But I was able to download it to another computer and using a thumbdrive transfered it to the infected computer. Had to run Malwarebyte's Antmalware (MBAM ) several times, with several reboots, but finally reached a point where 90% of the damage was overcome. I also downloaded Security Task Manager ( STM ) and that helped me identify and remove a few files that MBAM missed. Now I have only two symptoms remaining, namely ( 1 ) "something" is trying to access three websites and is being blocked by MBAM. Those sites are 91.212.226.7 193.43.134.114 and 213.163.89.104 and ( 2 ) my system restore is disabled and none of the several security programs I have have been able to overcome that.

So for me is is simply irritating, but my computer is apparently fully functioning. Now I am simply using STM to progressively quarantine files, one by one, in the hope that I can determine which one is the culprit. My guess is "it" has hijacked a legitimate file.

In any event, I would recommend trying MBAM 1.46 again, then STM as I have done.

Edited by Bels91, 01 May 2010 - 04:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users