After a gnarly set of malware and trojans and hijacks,
I used a combo of HiJack This, Spybot SD, AVG Free, RKill, and Malwarebytes to get my computer functional.
Now, it finally boots up to a normal-looking Windows Vista, but I suffer form the following 2 issues:
1) Malwarebytes finds C:\\Windows\System32\certstore.dat
2) I get a Microsoft random error:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4b18b14e
Fault Module Name: svchost.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b18b14e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000019fc
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e3cf
Additional Information 2: d42237859197873da486d40409b96ff9
Additional Information 3: 49ce
Additional Information 4: f92c4ab1e924b858d3b8926ed7793d80
Other items of importance:
1) My computer: Windows Vista, 32 bit, SP1
This was a built computer from Sweetwater Sounds, used for music recording and such
2) In safe mode, the appcrash does not occur.
3) I did install RKill and Malwarebytes via the Bleeping computer instructions.
4) I used the most up to date versions of all software mentioned
5) I also uninstalled my only background running virus program (AVG) in case that was causing a false (+), but that did nothing.
6) When I use Malwarebytes to remove the certstore.dat, it says it's gone, but shows up again after reboot.
7) What started all this: I got some crazy thing that took over my computer, demanding payment for a court lawsuit of illegal downloading. I also had Antimalware Doctor and Paladin fraud virus crap, Win32.Zbot, Sysguard fraud software
EDIT: Moved from Vista forum to more appropriate Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.
Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2010 - 06:23 PM.