Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autocorrect will not save entries??? (MSO Word 2003)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WLVeith

WLVeith

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

I had a computer that had every problem known to computers, and bought a whole new computer for my job as an at-home medical transcriptionist. I had everything installed on my new computer for my job, MS Office 2003, XP Pro, and the proprietary software. For some reason when I make entries into autocorrect (word expansion is very important as I am paid on production and still a novice in this industry) they won't save after I shut down MS Word and reopen.
I somehow got the old computer functioning again and transferred the autocorrect file (MSO1033) from the old computer to the new. About 75% of those entries are functioning on the new computer. Because I had every possible problem (rootkits, hijackers, viruses, etc...) on the old computer I was trying not to take anything from the old computer, but I was desperate.
What is really weird is 1 entry that I made on the new computer did stick. I spent 3 hours making entries at one point on the new computer and found out the next day only 1 saved. So now I have the 1 entry that did stick and 75% of the transfers from MSO1033 stuck.
This is a serious issue for me. I have even considered purchasing a word expander program but am not sure that will work either. I have lost a lot of time from work w/ computer problems, and now am going crazy trying to make autocorrect work. I have matched all the setting from the old computer to the new, I have followed advice from MS website, and I have researched on the web (other people had this problem but no solutions).
On my other computer I never had to set up MS Word for autocorrect. It just always worked.
This has consumed probably 40 hours of my time and more importantly is making me CRAZY! The whole idea of having a new computer was being more productive to pay for it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. It seems that there are a lot of computer experts but just a few MS Office experts.
THANKS for any advice.
Wendy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users