Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendation for portable external hard drive for music?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 djvic87

djvic87

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Recently, I been looking around for a good portable external hard drive with lots of room for my music collection to use it for dj. It is also with the intent to use it as my multimedia device such as using it to play my music with a dj program, and/or connecting it to a multimedia device. I started looking at the WD elements SE 1tb SE portable and the Iomega ego 500gb portable.

I really like the SE 1tb, but I hear many people talk negative about it such as it is not sata, it uses a propirietary connection meaning if I ever want to take out the hard drive, it will not fit in a laptop nor it can be connected with a 2.5 sata connection.

But then again, I also like Iomega ego 500gb because mainly it is said that it can support falls from 50inch, meaning it is durable and protects the hard drive and is ultra portable. But I heard that the hard drive gets too warm, and that the casing gets loosen time to time.

I really need a portable hard drive that can sustain long periods of time during the day. Please help me out, thanks.

Edited by djvic87, 28 April 2010 - 08:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users