Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DHCP client missing in services list

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kenneth23

kenneth23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:10 AM

I cannot connect to the internet because my computer cannot renew my ip address. I tried to renew it manually by typing ipconfig/renew in command prompt but it says that the "RPC server is unavailable" but its already started/automatic in services.. I suddenly found out that the DHCP client is missing in services. I also tried installing hotfix but nothing happens and it doesnt solve my problem.

MY DHCP CLIENT IS MISSING IN SERVICES LIST !!!!

please help me !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Kenneth,

If you open up a cmd prompt window and type in sc start dhcp - does it start the DHCP client service?

Also, what O/S are you using? If you are using Windows XP, please make sure this file exists on your computer? C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcsvc.dll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users