Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am Infected and at a loss

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lord Wilmore

Lord Wilmore

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:13 AM

Morning All,

I've been infected by Antimalware Doctor which has now caused a fair few problems with my Laptop (XP Media Edition)

I've trawled through the topics here and elsewhere and whilst i appear to have removed most of the offending program i'm still hampered by a number of issues:

1. Destktop Settings: Taskbar has changed to old school format, search funstion is blank in explorer. Copy and Paste Disabled.

2. RCP not available resulting in no network connections.

3. McAfee (which is my usual security) Unistall has been disabled. Although the program is running i cannot view any of the screens.

4. Mbam.exe will not run as it 'Not Valid win32'.

And more probably.

My main issue would appear to be I can't run Malwarebytes as i can't download and it won't load from a usb stick (not valid 32 error).

I do have COmbofix available as i managed to download before the sh*t really hit the fan so assume i should run?

I've backed up most of my data so a total wipe and restart would not be a disaster.

Although i can hold my own at some level of computer geekery i bow down before anyone who can help me out on this one. There's a pint in it for you!

Cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users