Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display switching off then won't come back on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DonutUK

DonutUK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:01 AM

Not sure whether this is a mouse problem or a computer problem.

Over the last few days my computer has just started randomly switching the monitor into "Sleep Mode" but won't come back when the mouse is moved or keys pressed. Computer doesn't actually go into sleep mode though.

Mouse is a Logitech MX620 and keeps losing its power light on the base and battery light on top, although the batteries are fine (have put brand new ones in just in case)
The monitor is a Dell LCD flat screen.

If i put the computer into sleep mode then move the mouse, and repeat this several times, it eventually comes back on, but to the password request as though it had been on screen saver mode.

I have changed the power management to "Always on" so it should never shut down the monitor etc, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.

I haven't installed any new software.

I am at a total loss of what could be causing this or how to cure to it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users